The Executive Board of Slow Food in Canada, keen to emphasize the extraordinary contribution of individuals who embody, through their actions, the intrinsic values of Slow Food in the country, is committed to recognize six new food heroes at each national meeting of Slow Food in Canada.
WHO CAN BE RECOGNIZED CANADIAN FOOD HERO?
Any Canadian who stands by his actions to promote and defend a good clean and fair food. Food Heroes are not obliged to be members of Slow Food to receive this recognition. Each of our heroes has to personify the values of Slow Food, and help protect and / or promote a good clean and fair food system, according to the following criteria:
• Demonstrate a high level of requirements for their social, environmental, academic or creative practices
• Be involved in the food supply
• Being the author of food writings that have historical, regional and moral consequences
• Conduct research that create positive change in the food system
• Participate in food production
• Participate in food harvest
• Exhibiting ingenuity and be involved in entrepreneurial activities that promote a healthier food system
• Be committed to social and political advancement of a healthier food system
• Contribute as a volunteer in the food history, eating habits, or a particular region
• Exhibiting a strong corporate commitment to sustainable food or enact changes to company policies
• Be committed to the government level to make socially progressive policy changes