Date(s) - 22/04/2015 - 26/04/2015
Categories No Categories
Terra Madre St-Lawrence is the first ever regional Terra Madre meeting of food communities organized by Slow Food in the country. It is the first regional meeting of food communities ever organized in Canada. The event aims to gather powerful organizations that share our mission for a good, clean and fair food system.
For all the details and to register, visit www.terramadre.ca/en
For the occasion, Slow Food Montréal will also be host of the Salon du Goût de Montréal, an event showcasing the products of the farmers, fishers and other producers of the communities we support, as well as the 10th National Meeting of Canadian Convivia. With all these celebrations, we wish to highlight the food communities of Quebec and the rest of Canada and offer the participants and other organizations that share our goals a place to meet and debate.
Theme of the event
Our meeting will be inspired by the themes of biodiversity and the link to the land in the honor of the 2015 UN International Year of the Soils.
Our program will focus on exchange and learning opportunities between the convivia and activists of other organizations that also fight for a good, clean and fair food system, no matter the affiliation.
With our Earth workshops (forums), conferences, taste workshops, the Slow Food AGORA (an exhibit space for Slow Food international and local projects) and the Salon du Goût de Montréal, we are sure you will enjoy yourself in a meaningful way.
What does the registration include?
- Complimentary Airport and Train station pick-up on Wednesday morning
- A Montreal public transit pass for the week
- All meals from Wednesday (lunch) to Sunday lunch (lunch)
- Access to the National meeting of Canadian convivia sessions
- Access to Terra Madre St. Lawrence (Earth workshops, Conferences, Disco soup, etc.)
- Access to all Canadian campaign committee meetings on Wednesday 22nd
- Ticket for the Salon du Goût de Montréal
- Ticket for the Espace Françoise Kaylerdebate on agrobiodiversity
- Ticket for the Canadians at the table dinner
- Ticket for the Montreal Biodiversity gala fundraiser
The price of the conference does not include your hotel room. We have managed to get a special price of $139 / night at Delta Montreal for our participants. Please visit https://www.deltahotels.com/Groups/Delta-Montreal-Groups/Slow-Food-Canada for all the details.
If you can’t afford a hotel room, it is possible to be billeted in a local family in the Montreal area upon request. Places are limited.